Buying and selling gift cards are popular with many Canadians today. Gift cards continue to be a top pick due to their versatility and the freedom you have to choose what you want to buy from a particular store.
Giving gift cards saves you time and money since you can buy gifts without leaving home. Gift cards offer countless options for diverse needs, from Amazon to Apple, Starbucks, Xbox, Tim Hortons, and even Visa eGift cards in Canada.
If you want to buy gift cards, choose your sources well to avoid getting scammed. This article will enumerate the top sites where you can purchase gift cards without worry.
Below are the top ten best sites to purchase gift cards online in Canada.
Giftcards.ca is a leading gift card site in Canada, offering more than 100 brands of digital and plastic gift cards, such as Walmart, Uber Eats, and Mastercard eGift cards in Canada.
eGift cards are delivered via email or downloaded from a GiftCards.ca account. Plastic gift cards are sent via Canada Post or FedEx.
Purchase gift cards on this site by adding the cards you want to your shopping cart. Pay with a valid Canadian Visa or Mastercard credit card.
The gift cards you can buy on GiftCards.ca include Virtual Joker Prepaid Mastercard, Walmart, Tim Hortons, Sobeys, and Indigo.
- Features over 100 brands to choose from
- Provides the option to personalize greetings
- Discounted cards from popular stores
- Delivery is not instant and can take up to 48 hours from purchase.
- GiftCards.ca reviews orders before they approve the gift cards for processing.
- There is a maximum of ten gift cards per order.
- Some brands may only have set denominations that you can onto their card.
Cardly offers a range of Canadian gift cards you can include with personalized greeting cards.
With a Cardly account, you can create message templates and select a design. Recipients can choose their gift card themselves.
Gift cards you can buy at Cardly include American Eagle Outfitters, Best Buy, DoorDash, Marble Slab Creamery, and Petro-Canada.
- No additional charges to include gift cards with a greeting card.
- Gift cards use environment-friendly FSC-certified stock.
- Cardly plants a tree for every 20 cards sent.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest personal finance news, offers, and our weekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Some may find limited availability of designs.
- The interface may not be user-friendly for some.
Raise is an online marketplace that offers electronic gift cards that can be delivered in a few minutes (up to 24 hours) after placing an order.
To buy gift cards, sign up for a Raise account, search for the cards you want, click “Buy Now,” and complete your payment details.
Raise features numerous gift card options such as Target, Southwest Airlines, Bass Pro Shops, Macy’s, and Carnival Cruise Lines.
- Gift cards are usually delivered a few minutes after placing your order.
- Every card on Raise comes with a Money Back Guarantee, which is good for one year from the date of purchase.
- The gift cards listed on Raise are member-generated, which makes them prone to human errors. You need to open a support ticket to get a refund.
Giftpass.com is a web-based service that offers gift cards from various businesses in Canada. GIFTPASS is a universal gift card that users can redeem for a branded gift card or any eGift card from any of the site’s retailers.
With Giftpass, you can purchase gift cards from over 70 national brands, with categories ranging from apparel, department stores, restaurants, home and office, grocery, and travel and hotels.
Giftpass offers the following gift cards: La Vie en Rose, Reitmans, Shell, Galaxy Cinemas, and Birks.
- No cost for shipping GIFTPASS
- A GIFTPASS purchased directly online from giftpass.com does not have an expiry.
- Giftpass.com may not have retailer denominations.
Dundle offers various prepaid gift cards that you can choose from and will be sent directly to the email address you provide. The gift cards are sent as digital codes via email and can be delivered instantly or within 24 hours, maximum.
Dundle has a wide array of gift cards. If, for example, you want to buy a Visa gift card online in Canada, Dundee will send a code instantly to your email inbox.
Gift cards you can buy at Dundle include Apple, Amazon, eBay, Google Play, and Netflix.
- Prepaid gift cards allow for safer transactions and prevent overspending.
- No need to enter credit or debit card information
- Codes are sent directly by email to enable immediate use.
- Offers more than 70 payment methods
- Provides an app for faster online shopping
- Gift cards with non-functional codes cannot be returned nor refunded.
Amazon.ca offers different gift cards you can redeem for various eligible goods and services at the website.
To buy Amazon.ca gift cards, go to Gift Cards, choose the type of gift card you want and select the desired amount. Then, go to check-out, provide your payment details, and place your order.
Gift cards you can purchase at Amazon.ca include Starbucks, Uber, McDonald’s, Instacart, and Apple.
- Amazon.ca gift cards are delivered immediately. You can also schedule it up to a year in advance.
- The gift cards have no expiration date and do not carry fees.
- The gift cards are available in multiple designs and in denominations between $1 and $2,000.
- You can use Amazon.ca gift cards to buy goods and services on the Canadian Amazon only, not in other countries.
7. Gift Card Warehouse
Gift Card Warehouse is a one-stop shop offering gift cards that motivate and incent employees and customers. Gift card categories include groceries, restaurants, apparel, electronics, gas stations, etc.
Sign up for an account to buy gift cards at Gift Card Warehouse. Select gift cards from over 200 top retailers in Canada, and then place your order.
Gift cards you can buy on this platform include H&M, Boston Pizza, Staples, Amazon.ca, and Bath & Body Works.
- Assures that orders are 100% accurate and are delivered as quickly as possible
- Offers multiple payment methods
- Participating retailers may charge fees that they may modify at their sole discretion.
8. My Gift Card Supply
MyGiftCardSupply provides instant access to online gift cards. After purchasing a digital gift card, you will receive the gift card code in your email.
To send someone a gift card, purchase it yourself, then enter the recipient’s details on the delivery page. Your recipient will then receive a link to access the gift card.
Gift cards you can buy at the site include iTunes, PlayStation, Nintendo, AirBnb, and Sephora.
- You can receive your order in minutes.
- All gift cards sold on MyGiftCardSupply do not have an expiration date.
- To use the gift card from outside the US, you must have a US address or be registered in their US store.
- MyGiftCardSupply limits the number of gift cards you can purchase.
- Some transactions may not go through due to the website’s fraud risk software.
MyGiftCardsPlus is an online platform that offers physical and electronic gift cards. Powered by Swagbucks, it provides gift cards from over 100 stores, merchants, restaurants and retailers.
The site sends digital cards straight to your inbox and physical gift cards via Canada Post regular mail.
MyGiftCardsPlus options include Hudson’s Bay, Cineplex, Petro-Canada, Air Canada, and The Keg Steakhouse.
- Each gift card purchase entitles you to receive SB points that you can redeem for gift cards or PayPal cash.
- You can get up to 30% cash back on some gift cards. Cashback can be in SB points for gift cards or PayPal cash.
- Gift card orders can take up to two business days to process. MyGiftCardsPlus will need to contact you to confirm your order.
- If MyGiftCardsPlus cancels your purchase, you may need to wait seven days for a refund.
eBay offers gift cards you can use to purchase anything on eBay. At present, only physical gift cards are available on eBay.
eBay gift cards are redeemable on eBay.ca, cafr.eBay.ca, and eBay.com. You can buy eBay gift cards at participating retailers such as Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Shell, 7-Eleven, and London Drug.
- You can use eBay gift cards to pay for almost any item on the website.
- The funds on eBay gift cards do not have an expiry date.
- You can only redeem eBay gift cards if you have an eBay account with a Canadian registered address.
- An eBay gift card can take up to four hours to activate and be ready for redemption.
10 Most Popular Gift Cards in Canada
A previous survey revealed that many Canadians prefer gift cards over cash, which explains their popularity even today.
With the many gift card choices available now, choosing what type of gift card to buy may be a struggle. To make it easier, here are the top 10 most popular gift cards in Canada.
An Amazon gift card is preloaded with a specific amount of money and delivered via email or post. It is available in different types: eGift cards, physical gift cards, print-at-home gift cards, and specialty gift cards.
Starbucks offers reloadable physical and eGift cards that provide access to food and drink items. Among the best eGift cards in Canada, Starbucks cards are available at retail stores. The cards and their value do not expire.
Walmart offers digital gift cards that are redeemable in-store and on Walmart.ca. A Walmart Canada gift card can be personalized and sent to friends and family instantly.
Sephora offers physical and virtual gift cards in various customizable designs. You can use them on Sephora.ca or Sephora.com. There is no expiration date and no fees for unused balances.
5. The Home Depot
The Home Depot gift card is a digital or plastic gift card with monetary value and can be used to buy The Home Depot items in stores or online.
Apple gift cards are exclusively for purchasing goods and services from an Apple store, Apple TV, Apple Music, iTunes, Apple Arcade, apple.com, Apple Books, and the App store. Apple gift cards have no expiration date.
PlayStation gift cards are prepaid cards you can use in the PlayStation Store. Buy them from online retailers to receive a code to redeem through the PlayStation digital store on your console or through any web browser.
Xbox gift cards are redeemable at Microsoft Store online, Windows, and Xbox. Recipients get a digital code via email, which they can use to buy full game downloads, Surface, apps, devices, and more. Xbox gift cards have no expiration date.
Uber gift cards are in digital and physical forms. You can receive them in your inbox (in minutes) or through the mail. Uber gift cards are in various denominations and can be used to pay for food delivery on UberEats or Uber rides.
Steam offers digital gift cards for purchases on the Steam platform. They can be redeemable through Steam for credit and to buy games, software, and downloadable content. The cards are available in various denominations and at retail stores worldwide.
What website buys gift cards instantly?
CardSwap, Canada’s #1 site for buying and selling gift cards, offers to purchase and pay for them within two business days of receiving your cards. You can receive up to 90% of a gift card’s face value.
Where is the safest place to buy a gift card?
The safest option is to buy digital gift cards through an official website or directly from retailers, chain restaurants, and other gift card issuers. If buying physical gift cards, buy those behind the counter or in well-sealed packaging.
Can I buy an eGift card for someone in another country?
You can buy an eGift card for a person in another country, provided that the eGift card you choose is acceptable in the region where the individual lives. The key is to purchase a country-specific gift card that the person can use online.
Can I send an Amazon eGift card to Canada?
No, because Amazon.com gift cards are for use only in the US. In the same way, only Amazon.ca gift cards are redeemable in Canada. Amazon operates different websites for every country, and each one accepts gift cards specific to that website and country.